Friday, January 28, 2011

A Post About Me

January is almost over and this is my first post. Not a great way to start out the year, but it leaves lots of room for improvement.

Work has been crazy. Beyond crazy actually. It has never been this busy and hectic in the almost 11 years I’ve been there. There are a couple major reasons for the craziness, and unfortunately they both happened at the same time. My co-worker described it best yesterday when she said it feels like we are in a snow globe and someone keeps shaking it. I am going to use this as my excuse for not posting anything this month because by the time I get home from work the last thing I want to do is get back on the computer.

The other thing that has kept me busy this month is a little diet experiment. I have to say, I am not a good dieter. I have virtually no will power to stick to anything and I tend to get discouraged easily if I don’t see results quickly. I’m also not much of a fisherman for the same reason….

However, I had more motivation this time for two reasons. One, I was bad, bad, bad over the holidays and my clothes were all getting a tad too snug. But more importantly, I have to fit into a short, strapless bridesmaid dress in two months. The dress I’m not so worried about. It’s the other five bridesmaids, all but one of which are 10 years younger than me and half of them are not mothers. Big sigh. I don’t want the wedding guests asking, “Who is the old fat one on the end?”

So Dear Husband and I decided to try a diet that worked well for a few people we know. I thought about posting a daily diary of our progress, but then the entire world would know if I failed. By some miracle I succeeded and lost 13 lbs. so now I’m going to brag because I think I deserve it. DH did very well too, but he doesn’t like to brag. Now our mission is to maintain and continue our healthy habits. The more I think about it, this may be harder than the original diet. Wish me luck!

No comments: