Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Green Patrick’s Day!

St. Patrick’s Day is here and spring is just around the corner. In case you haven’t noticed, I have not had much motivation to blog lately. I would like to say it is because we have been really busy, but that would be lying. Flower picked up a nasty cold last month and we just keep passing it around so I am blaming my lack of ambition on this virus.

February was filled with birthday parties, which lead to the previously mentioned cold virus. Flower and Dear Husband had it first, and then Princess and I picked it up at the end of the month. At the same time Princess got strep throat. She is over the strep, but still fighting the cold. Flower is finally on the road to recovery so I am feeling very optimistic that we will have a healthy spring. The weather is gorgeous and we are done being sick.

Last week we celebrated Flower’s birthday. I’ll post some photos soon. We are still working on potty training and Flower seems to be doing pretty well….at home. Daycare is a different story. Sigh.

Princess has been preparing for a leprechaun to visit her classroom today so we have been talking about St. Patrick’s Day a lot lately. I looked all over town for a shirt that Princess could wear today and had no luck finding something green that she will wear. I guess I should have been Irish, I could have really used some luck. Every place we went Flower wanted to know if she could get a green shirt too….and I could not find anything in her size either.

Last weekend we took a road trip to GF for lunch and shopping. We found a t-shirt for Flower at Old Navy and she was ecstatic. All week Flower has been talking about wearing her new green shirt on Green Patrick’s Day. She is driving Princess crazy because she refuses to say St. Patrick’s Day, but hey, isn’t that what little sisters are suppose to do?

No comments: