Friday, June 11, 2010

I am drawing a blank....

I couldn't think of a name for this post. Flower's Fever? Just a quick update for those of you following the tick saga.

It was been 6 days since the last tick sighting. We have been checking for ticks morning and night. Apparently it has already become a habit because we were at urgent care this morning (hold your horses, I'll get to it) and Flower looked at me, raised her arms so I could her armpits, and said "Check for ticks Mommy."

Yes, I did mention urgent care. We got to visit urgent care this morning, not because we were very sick, although it was worse than I thought, but because the soonest appointment I could get at the doctor's office was Sunday.

Flower had a rough night. Now that I think about it, she has not been sleeping well all week. She woke up crying a few times last night. When I asked her what was wrong she kept saying she missed Daddy. We were up half of the night and I was getting little annoyed.

When Flower got up this morning she felt a little warm so I took her temp. 99.8 so a little warm, but nothing to worry about unless you have been bitten by a tick recently. I got a little worried. Then Flower said her ear hurt. Phew! No rocky mountain spotted fever, just an ear infection. Yeah!

I took the frozen tick to the doctor anyway, just in case. He did want to see it, so at least it wasn't a wasted trip on the part of the tick. Flower has an infection in both ears. One is very red and looks like it may rupture. The other ear looks like the infection just started.

For those of you who are keeping score, this is Flower's second ear infection in 2 months. The doc we saw today checked her chart and didn't say anything but I got the impression he didn't like the antibiotic prescribed for the last infection. He gave us a different antibiotic so I hope it works fast. Flower is miserable. All the way home from the pharmacy she whimpered and begged me to hurry.

So that is all I have to report. No ticks, two infected ears. We are taking a road trip tomorrow with Nana and Papa to see Auntie A, Uncle L, and the twins. The girls are excited to see them again. Happy Friday!

No comments: