Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day 2010

Did you do your patriotic duty and vote today? I did. As a government employee who was given the day off, it was the least I could do.

Another strange thing happened this morning. I set my alarm for one hour later than I usually set it on weekday mornings. I got up when it went off rather than hitting snooze a couple times. I showered, got dressed, did quick makeup and hair. Princess got up on her own and got dressed. Lunch and backpack were ready to go so I decided to see if we could get out the door early enough to vote on our way to school.

Princess got Flower up and helped her get dressed. I combed their hair and brushed teeth while Dear Husband sliced an apple and got my coffee ready. Princess got breakfast bars and coats. We found shoes and were out the door. One hour and ten minutes from the time my alarm went off. The exact same routine usually takes us 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Now I am wondering what the hectic do I do for an hour every morning? Now I have to think of a new excuse why I don’t have time to workout in the morning.

No comments: