Monday, November 1, 2010

Thankful

I think I know what Flower meant at lunch on Friday when she asked God to please keep Mommy and Daddy together. Dear Husband had a minor incident on his way home from town Saturday afternoon which could very easily have been a major accident.

DH bought new tires for the Expedition last Tuesday. He drove the Expedition home Tuesday, to work on Wednesday, and then left it sitting at his office until Saturday when got back from Idaho. DH returned his work truck to his office and met the girls and I to get groceries and a pumpkin to carve. We needed one last item so he went to another store and the girls and I went home with the groceries.

I had just finished putting away the groceries when DH called to say his rig broke down. He didn’t sound very happy and I don’t blame him. He was half way home when three bolts were sheared off of his rear driver side wheel and the back end of the Expedition started fishtailing all over the road.

Fortunately he was able to slow down and stop. He found three lug nuts on the interstate, the fourth came off in his hand and the last one was still on the bolt but he could loosen it easily with his hand. Apparently whoever put the new tires on forgot to tighten the lug nuts.

There is no doubt in my mind that God was watching over DH. I can’t even think about what might have happened if the last two bolts had sheared off and the wheel had come off at 80 mph. It makes you stop and think about what’s really important in life. I didn’t worry about how messy the house was last weekend, I was thankful we were all home safely.

2 comments:

Carlye said...

OMGOODNESS.....SCARY! Glad he is safe. Now I know Mark won't call to complain about tires not being put on right but you should complain. I would, it could of been much worse!!

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Gives me chills! Keep safe, all of you!