Friday, March 20, 2009

Status Report

Since it's been quite some time since I've posted. I wanted to let both of my readers know we're still here. I'd like to say we've had a busy couple of weeks and that's why I couldn't find 5 minutes to post, but we haven't. I'm not really sure what we've been up to, but nothing exciting.

Flower had a nice birthday. In fact, she still thinks it's her birthday if you ask her. Since her birthday was in the middle of the week and Grandma and Grandpa were in Mexico last weekend, we decided to postpone the big bash until tomorrow.

Today I am frantically cleaning our house in preparation for the big event. It's been our policy to hold off on the kiddie parties until they turn 4. The girls don't seem to mind. Tomorrow we'll have cake and ice cream, gifts and balloons, and all the grandparents you can imagine.

Grandma and Grandpa are coming down with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa. Uncle S and Aunt S will be here too. Auntie A is flying in tonight, and Great Grandma C is driving over to stay with Nana and Papa today. Unfortunately Great Grandma R is visiting family in California and Great-Great Aunt E is traveling around the world somewhere so they won't be able to join us. Oh, and I almost forgot, Great-Aunt K and Cousin K will be driving over for the afternoon as well.

Phew. I'm tired just thinking about all the chairs I'll need to find for seating. I think there will be 16 of us. So that's it. Nothing new around here. We'll be busy entertaining the grandparents this weekend. Next weekend Dear Husband and I are off to Sin City. It's a long story.

2 comments:

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Am I one of your readers, or can you add a 3rd now? Hope you had a nice trip, in spite of the long story... Wanda

kae said...

Yeah...three readers! Hope you're doing well and we'll get together soon.