Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vacation Is Over

Every year I get this depressed feeling on the first Sunday in January. Why, you ask? Because I have been off work for almost two weeks and tomorrow it's back to the salt mines.

Last year we had all the Christmas decorations put away and all the gifts tucked away in their new homes. For some reason this year we weren't as organized. Part of the reason is due to the nature of our gifts. For example, I received a new set of dishes. They are awesome and I love them. However, they are significantly larger than our old dishes so putting them away required a minor kitchen makeover.

I mentioned the girls are now sharing a room. This also took some reorganization which will be in progress for a while. The necessities like beds are done, but I still need to figure out where to keep all their clothes.

Today Dear Husband and I are driving the crib and changing table over to Auntie A's in-laws so they can take them to CO for the new babies. As we were loading up the furniture this morning I told DH I am excited to get an entire new room to house the tons of toys we seem to have accumulated. I think the girls will enjoy a new play room too. Maybe I can talk DH into painting next weekend :)

No comments: