Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010

I am going to start the New Year right and post something. I am sitting at the counter enjoying a cup of tea while looking around at the mess. There is a dead reindeer at my feet (Flower says it ran into another reindeer and died), My Little Pony pieces scattered about, a very sad dog laying at the top of the stairs, and random piles of Christmas decorations that need to be put away.

We spent the morning drinking coffee and watching the Rose Parade. The floats are amazing. The girls headed to the basement to jump on the trampoline. I have not been down to survey the mess yet and plan to ignore it....for today.

Princess woke up a bit congested this morning and her eyes are looking a little "off". I am not sure if she is getting pink eye or not. I guess we will see what the day brings.

Flower moved into Princess's bedroom two nights ago. She woke up twice each night but other than that things are going well. The first night it took them almost an hour to go to sleep. Last night they were very tired and went to sleep in less than ten minutes. I'm sure it was just a fluke.

We are planning to hang around the house today. Dear Husband and I might go skiing tonight with some friends. We are bringing in the new year in our usual quiet way.

No comments: