Monday, December 8, 2008

We’re Exhausted

We had a busy weekend. I knew it would be, I just didn’t realize how busy. Friday we did a little shopping in the morning and daddy hit the road in the afternoon. He had a project that only he could do 4 hours from home. He was bummed about missing Princess perform at the festival on Saturday but that’s life. We have video.

Saturday morning we headed to the festival to watch a friend dance. I called Nana and Papa to make sure they would be there to help coral Flower. Things took a little longer than I expected so we barely had time to eat a quick lunch and get Princess dressed for her performance. She was fabulous. Her leotard was adorable, she didn’t complain once about it or her hair. She was in the front row so Nana was able to get her on video. After the little girls did their thing the older girls performed their routine. Then they all grabbed a little girl and did the chicken dance. Apparently it’s a tradition for this group. It was definitely entertaining. Flower loved all the girls and she was moving her arms and dancing right along with them.

Next item on our agenda was Santa. Princess remembered that Santa was at the festival last year and there was no way we were leaving without seeing Santa. Luckily he was available and there was no line…amazing I know. Princess got right up in his lap and immediately started smiling for the camera. Flower was ok with sitting in his lap, but she just wanted to stare at him so we had to coax her into smiling for the camera. Last year all she wanted to do was pull his beard so I guess we’ll consider staring progress. She eventually looked our way and the photographer got a great photo. Princess told Santa she wanted a dollhouse and Flower wanted an inchworm. I breathed a huge sigh of relief because I’ve already ordered those items so a last minute change of heart by Princess would not have been good. After Santa we checked out the craft tables and decorated cookies.

Sunday we headed out to harvest a Christmas tree with friends. I’ll admit, I was a little apprehensive because Princess has issues when it comes to wearing warm clothes and this outing would require snow pants. After a minor meltdown she got dressed and we took off. It was in the 30s with a light snow falling….a perfect day for some sledding and hot chocolate. We found a nice place and the kids played on the sleds for an hour or so. Then we set off in search of the perfect tree. Actually, we were just looking for a decent tree that would fit through the door and not take up the entire living room. We hunted for about an hour and made a decision. Hopefully we’ll get it in the stand tonight to see if we made a good choice.

Flower went to bed early last night and did not want to get up this morning. Princess was a bear this morning but we eventually got out of the house. I’ve been moving pretty slowly all day too, but I have another excuse. I tripped on the stairs at 4 am Saturday morning on my way down to let the dog out and stubbed my little toe pretty bad. Of course I had to pick one of the busiest weekends we’ve had lately, but it’s healing. Hopefully I’ll be mended by this weekend because we still have a lot to do!
P.S. I know, I know....those of you with more kids or older kids are reading this going "That's all....we do all that in an afternoon." We're more of a 'hang out around the house' family so this was a lot of activity for one weekend!

2 comments:

Homestead said...

Hmmm. We still don't have a tree.

kae said...

K-

I was wondering how that went....probably for the best. Frostbite is a terrible thing ;)