Monday, December 1, 2008

It’s December Already

Where did the time go? I seems like it was just….September and we were getting ready for Princess’ birthday. Now we’re talking about Santa and giving gifts and Christmas programs and it hasn’t even snowed yet, at least not enough to stick around for more than a day or two.

We had a nice Thanksgiving. Wonderful meal, well behaved girls. Princess decided she prefers the “brown” meat on the turkey. Flower discovered Daddy’s homemade cranberry sauce (with a little orange zest….it was tasty) and pumpkin pie. I ate way too much but we only get meals prepared by my grandma and great aunt once or twice a year so who cares? Their style of cooking is different than ours, but it’s what I grew up with and it sure is good. Let’s just say if there’s a way to add butter or cream to a dish in order to make it richer they’ve perfected it. I’m still amazed that my grandpa’s arteries aren’t completely clogged after eating my grandma’s sinfully delicious cooking for 60+ years.

Flower also discovered Christmas lights. Her new favorite word is “Ligh! Ligh! Ligh!” so we indulged her and hung our lights yesterday. That is after we bought new LED lights. We needed new lights because we've had ours for years and they are mostly broken from the wind so we invested (and I truly mean invested because they are expensive) in LED lights. They are really pretty though….I love the “clean” white light look….and you can plug 21 strings together so we didn't have to drape the house in extension cords! Now all we need is some snow.

No comments: