Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Good Morning Merry Sunshine

Mornings around our house can be a little unpredictable. Some days everyone gets up and going without any crying, whining or complaining. Today was not one of those days. It wasn’t a bad morning per se; it just wasn’t one of our best mornings.

Over the last two and a half years Princess has had clothing issues. I’m sure I’ve mentioned that Princess won’t wear anything that….well….fits her. She doesn’t like her clothes to touch her so last summer she only wore sundresses. That was fine until winter rolled around and a sundress and flip flops would get you frostbite, and probably a visit from the child welfare people too. Princess has come a long way in the last year and with a little coaxing and bribery she has been wearing some new summer clothes lately but that’s a whole other post.

Morning with Princess is a crap shoot. She either wakes up very pleasant or very grumpy. There doesn’t seem to be any middle ground. I have yet to figure out how to make our mornings cheery so I just grab a cup of coffee and go with the flow….to the best of my abilities. Princess picks out her clothes before she goes to bed so theoretically all she has to do is get up and put them on. Today that didn’t work so well.

Normally Princess wakes up about 15 minutes before Flower which gives me time to help Princess get going. Today the girls woke up about the same time and Princess was not ready to start her day. From the bathroom Flower and I could hear growling and groaning coming from Princess. Flower looked at me and asked “What wrong Princess?” to which I replied “Princess is grumpy this morning.” Flower jumped off the potty and trotted into see Princess. I could hear Flower ask Princess if she was grumpy. This evoked another growl from Princess and a “NO!” Flower came back into the bathroom and informed me that Princess was not grumpy. I’m not sure Flower understands the true meaning of grumpy…..

No comments: