Monday, September 7, 2009

YNP


We’re home. We got home last night around suppertime. We unloaded the pickup, started the laundry, unpacked everything (except Dear Husband’s duffel bag which is another post), gave the girls a bath, and made smores before bedtime. It was the perfect way to end a vacation in my opinion.

The weekend was fabulous. The girls loved the hotel. I can’t even begin to count the number of times Flower asked, “Where are we going? The hotel?” She wasn’t thrilled to be home last night. Princess wants to live at a hotel. I’m not sure what their favorite part was, the swimming pool or staying up past their bedtime and eating popcorn in bed.

Yellowstone was busy, but not as bad as I thought it would be for a major holiday weekend. There was a lot of traffic but it was due to a road closure because of a construction project on a major road. We didn’t see many animals this trip, the usual big game….but no moose or bear this time. Princess was tired of buffalo after the first day.

The nice lady who took our reservations kept her word. We had a bear peeking in the window of our room. It was little disconcerting the first morning I looked out to check the weather without my glasses. The girls loved him however.

Princess wanted to go hiking so we found a couple short trailers filled with squirrels. Flower is the best bear repellant you can get. She talks or sings the entire time. At one point she was yelling “Squirrel, where are you?” over and over and over. Hiking also meant Flower got to ride in the “pack-pack”. She loves the pack-pack, who can blame her? She has the best view and never gets tired. I’m not sure I can say the same for Daddy since Flower has a hard time keeping her hands to herself.


Today includes laundry and a short trip to town for some school shopping. Princess starts pre-k tomorrow and I haven’t really bought her any school clothes. I don’t think she really needs any, but I’m going to use this opportunity to see if I can convince her to wear some pants or skirts….anything but the same three pairs of shorts and t-shirts she has been wearing all summer. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

How was the shopping trip? Melania calls her back pack the "pack back". Glad you had a good weekend - you should have stopped in on your way by!