Monday, November 2, 2009

Huh?

We went to a Halloween gathering at Princess’s school Saturday before trick-or-treating. The event was hosted by the church and many members of the congregation were there. Since we are members of another church I don’t know many people besides those who also work or volunteer at the school.

I have yet to meet the church’s pastor. I have probably seen him at different functions and didn’t know it. There was a friendly man at the party on Saturday so on the way home I asked Princess if he was the pastor. She said he wasn’t. I was still curious about the pastor so I asked Princess how old she thought he was. Dear Husband rolled his eyes and reminded me I just asked a 5 year old to estimate the age of a man she barely knows.

DH had a valid point so I rephrased my question. I asked Princess, “Does Pastor M look like a daddy or a grandpa?” I thought it was an easy question. She often refers to men in their 50s as grandpas. Princess thought for a moment and said, “He looks like an uncle.” Hmmmm, I had not considered that option.

No comments: