Friday, February 5, 2010

He Reads My Mind

Last fall I wanted some brown shoes. I have a pair of brown pants that are too short to wear with my “every day” brown shoes because they have a small heel. I was looking for a pair of suede or leather casual shoes that were comfortable for walking but dressy enough to wear to work with slacks.

My co-worker had a pair from Lands End that I really liked and at the end of the summer they were on sale. I ordered a pair in my size and they were huge. I thought about exchanging them for a smaller size but they were very wide and probably wouldn’t have fit anyway.

So I gave up on the brown shoes. Wednesday I needed some moisturizer so I ran over to the mall. On my way to the cosmetic counter I noticed a horde of women in the shoe department. I heard someone say they were having a 70% of sale on last season’s shoes. I made a quick detour by the rack with shoes my size.

I saw a really cute pair of brown shoes and I wanted to try them on but didn’t have time. I’m trying to cut back on the impulse buying, although I could have got around that because I’ve been “shopping” for brown shoes for months so I don’t think it would qualify as an impulse item….right?

I picked up my moisturizer and headed back to work. I didn’t think about the brown shoes again.

Last night when I got home from work the girls met me at the door with an early birthday gift. Dear Husband had ordered something he wanted me to try on in case it was the wrong size and needed to be exchanged.

I opened the gift and to my delight were the exact same brown shoes I saw at the mall. Even though I give DH a hard time for never listening to me, deep down I know he really does pay attention.

2 comments:

Carlye said...

Awww...how nice of him! Happy Early Birthday from us here in AZ!

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

That is pretty sweet!