Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween is Upon Us


Are you ready? So far this week we’ve gave the costumes a dress rehearsal, hung the ghost and pumpkin lights in the front window, and carved pumpkins. I have a giant leftover bag of candy from Princess’s birthday. I think we’re ready.

So far the weather seems to be cooperating. In this neck of the woods Halloween usually comes with freezing temperatures so costumes with fur and hoods are usually a safe bet. The forecast for tomorrow is in the 60s so we’ll see. Our downtown merchants have treats for the kids in the afternoon so I’m hoping to take advantage of that and get some of the trick-or-treating out of the way early.

Princess is excited. She remembers Halloween from past years. She knows the amount of candy she will rake in tomorrow. Flower is clueless. Up until this point in her life her candy consumption has been minimal so I’m not sure how she’ll do when faced with a plastic orange pumpkin full of sugary treats. I can see her sitting on the curb shoving it in as fast as her little hands will go….wrappers and all.

I’m hoping for healthy kids. Last year and the previous year Princess was sick and running a fever at Halloween. Nothing serious, just a little virus and she was still in a fairly good mood so we took her to the homes in our neighborhood. If she’s not sick this year Daddy may have a more difficult time convincing her that it’s time to come home. I’m glad I get to man the door and hand out the treats at our house.

No comments: