Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What’s a Snow Princess?

Princess was a snow princess for Halloween. I thought her costume choice was quite appropriate. Initially both Princess and Flower were going to be Disney princesses since, well; we own most of the dresses already. I was happy about this because it meant I’d get off cheep this year. Then I made the colossal mistake of letting Princess see the costume section at Target and her eyes lit up when she spotted the snow princess costume….and I have to admit….it was totally her.

So one snow princess and one pumpkin costume later, we were set. Halloween arrived and I didn’t think anyone would know what Princess was….I’ve never heard of a snow princess. My search of wikipedia and came up dry. Then I asked my co-workers and one of them vaguely remembered a fairy tale about a snow princess. So I went to google and according to amazon.com there is a Russian folktale based on the Tchaikovsky opera-ballet The Snow Princess. Who knew? Apparently most people we saw on Halloween because everyone knew she was a snow princess.

No comments: