Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We'll Miss You Ritz

Grandpa's dog Ritz made the unfortunate mistake of crossing the street in front of a car last week. She was a cute little thing and we'll really miss her. We decided it was time to break the news to Princess last night because we're heading to Grandma and Grandpa's for Thanksgiving next week and figured Princess might need some time mourn.

As we were finishing dinner last night I looked at Princess and said I had some really sad news. I said Ritz accidentally ran out in the street a few days ago, was hit by a car, and now lives in heaven with God. Princess was really quiet for a minute and said "I'm really going to miss her" and I told her I would miss Ritz too. Then she looked at me and said "You need to tell Flower, she really likes dogs too."

Flower took the news pretty well. She didn't know what we were talking about.

No comments: