Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our Week

Not much new to report. Daddy returning from his annual hunting trip last week so Princess no longer misses her daddy. We had another play date with Homestead last weekend and the kiddos had a blast. It was a cool fall day and they found a lot of mud. I’ll leave it to your imagination as no one had a camera. Princess, Sweet and Tuff (Flower was in the house getting the mud removed from her hands and mouth) decided 40 degrees was the perfect weather to run around the yard barefoot and bury your feet in the sandbox. I can’t help but wonder what effect that little antic had on the cough Princess has had for about a month and is now wet and chesty…..

I had Tuesday off so we made a trip to the dollar store and Target in search of items for a Christmas shoe box project. Every year our church prepares and sends boxes to children in Mexico. I intended to have Princess help me put a box together last year but it didn’t happen so this year we got it done with two weeks to spare before the deadline. Princess did really well picking out items for a little girl who she affectionately refers to as “the little girl”. I thought it would be a good way to teach her about the gift of giving. We followed our list and purchased the basics (undies, socks, t-shirt, hygiene items) and a few fun things like a tiara (every little girls needs a tiara), jump rope, colored pencils, paper, and finished up with some snowman suckers. I only had to remind Princess a couple times that we were shopping for someone else and if she really liked the swimming pool baby doll she would need to add it to her Christmas list. We went home and packed up the box. Princess hadn’t said much about it until last night when I walked in the door and she was sobbing “I wanted some snowman suckers like we sent to ‘the little girl’!” How long has she been thinking about those suckers?

Let’s see, what else? Oh yeah, Flower isn’t much fun at the dollar store. I don’t go there often and I think it’s because it’s so chaotic. The isles are barely wide enough to meet another cart, the shelves are piled with stuff (I had a better word but I don’t want to lose my G rating), and there doesn’t seem to be much along the lines of organization. I suppose it’s ok if you are just browsing, but when I’m looking for something specific, it’s just too much for my brain to handle. Chaos is NOT my thing. Anyway, as I mentioned the isles are narrow and full of crap. This causes a bored toddler to hang over the side of the cart and grab anything she can get her grubby little paws on….so we came home with a stuffed animal that is either a bull (of the moo-cow variety) or a buffalo….the jury is still out. This time of year at our house the word bull is usually in reference to a male elk.

Yesterday Princess woke up really early and walked into our room just in time to see her daddy walking into the shower….naked. She was still a little sleepy and came downstairs to find me. She looked up at me and said “Mommy, I saw Daddy’s bum and I thought it was you getting in the shower.” Just as I was about to tell her that’s not really a compliment she said “First I thought it was you, but then I thought it (daddy’s bum) was too big so I knew it was Daddy.” Phew! For a minute there I thought I was really going to have to start using that gym membership again.

No comments: