Friday, May 15, 2009

TGIF

We made it through another week. The weather is warming up and we’re ready for the weekend. Now how to get rid of the cold virus that seems to have taken over our house?

I can’t remember if I complained last month when I had a horrible cold but if I didn’t I will now. Dear Husband had a cold in March which made it way through all of us. I didn’t get it for weeks and mistakenly though I had dodged that bullet but I was wrong. I ended up completely miserable for a week in April.

Fast-forward a month. We’re all feeling great. We’re ready for warm weather and playing outside. Princess comes down with a cold. She had the exact same symptoms as last month. Cough, congestion, general grumpiness, you know the drill. Princess was under the weather most of last week. She wasn’t sick enough to stay home, just not feeling like her usual self.

Sunday she was feeling better. I thought it was a great Mother’s Day gift. Monday Flower was up most of the night so we knew she had picked up whatever Princess had. Tuesday afternoon I got it. Again. Ugh. Flower is better, she seems to fight these bugs off much faster than the rest of us. But I still have it. So if you’re wondering why I haven’t posted all week, I’m going to blame this horrible virus that won’t release its grip on me.

In other news, we had a lovely Mother’s Day. Tomorrow Princess is cheering at the Race for the Cure and the four of us are signed up to walk in the 1-mile race. Tomorrow afternoon DH and I are attending a house warming party for a co-worker. We’re looking forward to seeing their new house. Saturday evening may involve a birthday party for a friend’s 4 year old. The forecast for Sunday is 80 degrees so whatever is on the agenda will take place outside. Here’s to a great weekend!

No comments: