Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy 90th Birthday Great Grandpa!


July is a busy birthday month for us. Grandpa, Great Grandpa, and Dear Husband are July babies. DH and I were married on Great Grandpa's birthday 13 years ago. We reminisced over a bottle of wine and chicken alfredo last night. It was lovely.

Before I get on with the purpose of this post, I'm going to take a moment to brag a bit. DH and I have been married for 13 years but we've been together since the 80s. I know, that makes us really old. November 1989 to be exact so this winter we'll celebrate 20 years of togetherness. Seems like a long time but it's flow by rather quickly. I wonder where we'll be 20 years from now?

Back to my original post. Yesterday Great Grandpa (my grandpa) turned 90 years old. He's amazing. I might go as far as calling him my hero. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know. No matter what happens he always makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world. Most, if not all, of my childhood memories involve my grandpa and I would not be the person I am today without him.

My mom and my aunt planned a party for my grandpa last weekend. The girls and I spent most of the week at my parents house with Auntie C, Future Uncle P, and Cousin H. The big bash was on Saturday and over 100 people came to help us celebrate. We had a wonderful day visiting with family and friends. The most repeated phrase at the party was "I hope I look half as good as Grandpa when I'm that age." Here's to another year Gramps! I love you! K-

2 comments:

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Ahhh, I almost got tears reading about how you feel about your gpa, even though I know how special he is to you! 20 years. Wow. Congratulations on that. Your wedding day was a lot fun; I might have to find some of those old pictures. Maybe we'll have time to get together this fall :) Happy Birthday, Mark - at least you'll always be a little older than me!

kae said...

I know....those grandpas will get you every time :)