Friday, October 16, 2009

Status Report

It has been so long since I posted I almost forgot my password. Not a good sign. So you are probably wondering what we have been doing and why I have not let you in on it.

Truth is, we have been staying home, laying low, and it has been lovely.

The Princess Birthday Weekend Bash took a lot out of us. We spent the following week recovering. I did not clean anything because I was just plain tired of cleaning. According to Dear Husband I went a bit overboard trying to keep the house in order while we had guests and he is probably right. It is a bad habit I need to work on.

Last weekend started Thursday when I picked Princess up from school. She had a tummy ache and with all the bugs going around I wasn't sure if she was sick or not. We headed home for the afternoon and after a long nap she was better. Friday evening we attended a fund raiser at school. The dinner was awesome (roast pig, twice baked potatoes, pineapple upside-down cake) and we bid on a few items at the silent auction. There were so many items to bid on it was a little overwhelming but I think the fund raiser was successful and we enjoyed the evening.

Saturday we ran errands and had a movie night. Sunday we went to church. Princess had school Monday but DH and I were off so Flower and I stayed home and DH went fishing. The weather has been cold lately so I am going in to winter mode; staying home and cooking meals in the crock pot.

This week flew by. The weather is back to normal fall temperatures. DH has hunting on the brain. I am waiting for a load of laundry to dry so I can fold it and through it in a bag for the weekend. After lunch we are headed north to R-town for the weekend. We haven't been up in months and DH has an antelope tag which must be filled.

That's it. Pretty boring, I know. If DH has a successful hunt this weekend maybe I'll post a photo of his antelope and see if I can get some nasty comments from some animal right activists:)

2 comments:

Homestead said...

Nasty Comment #1: Do you actually EAT antelope? Ew.

kae said...

Homestead-yes, we do eat the steak. DH loves it and I don't mind it either. The trick is to hunt the antelope who eat grain, not sagebrush :) The rest is made into jerky...enough pepper can hide the taste of almost anything.