Monday, May 24, 2010

Horizontal or Vertical?

You may recall the girls have their music recital tomorrow night. I try not to worry about these things too much, but I won’t lie to you, I want them to do well and look adorable.

Friday afternoon I was in the kitchen when I heard Flower wailing. I ran to the stairs and saw her walking out of the playroom in tears holding the side of her head. I could tell by the sound of her cry she was really hurt. Upon further investigation I determined she and Princess were playing with my laundry basket, which is one of the tall narrow types, and Princess left the room leaving Flower stuck in the laundry basket. Flower attempted to exit the basket, tipped it over, and fell face first into the dollhouse.

Flower must have hit the dollhouse pretty hard because she pushed it back a couple inches. Her face did not look so good. Her left cheek took the majority of the fall. She had a big purple spot the size of a golf ball on her face with a vertical welt down the middle. My first thought was how am I going to cover that up for the recital?

We iced Flower’s cheek as much as she could stand. Her lip and nose were also sore to the touch so I was expecting a big bruise. By the time Dear Husband got home an hour later most of the purple was gone. I was hopeful.

Saturday morning Flower’s face looked remarkable well. She had a 2-3 inch purple bruise down her cheek but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Yesterday the bruise was starting to turn black and green so I’m hoping it will lighten up by tomorrow.

Last night as the girls were getting ready for bed, Princess was bouncing around moving the herd of stuffed animals from her bed to the floor so she had room to sleep. All of the sudden she comes running into our room crying and holding her head. She fell head first on Flower’s bed and hit the side of the frame with her head. She had a big purple spot with a 3 inch horizontal welt across the left side of her forehead.

Within seconds Flower was on the scene with the ice pack. If our summer continues in this manner I’m going to need to invest in another ice pack.

1 comment:

Carlye said...

Double Ouch!!! By reading this you'd think you had boys. ;) Hope they are okay!!