Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Evening

Thursday evening is my favorite day/time of the week. Three days lie ahead of me and none of them include going to work. You’ll notice I didn’t say none of those days include work.

As one of my coworkers was leaving the office tonight she told me to have a nice weekend. Another coworker asked if I was taking tomorrow off. I had to give him a hard time for asking….I have been working four days a week for over two years and his office is next to mine, surely he has noticed my absence every Friday.

I love my four-day workweek. I wouldn’t trade it for anything; however, Friday is no vacation. I still get up at early, take Princess to school, come home and frantically clean house and do laundry until it is time to pick up Princess. Then we come home, have a quick lunch and rush out the door to music class. By the time we get back, sometimes after errands, I am exhausted. We usually have a nap or quiet time and watch a movie.

When I write our Friday routine it doesn’t sound like much, but somehow it wears me out. Now that summer is almost here I have a feeling my house will be neglected and hopefully the yard will look good.

No comments: