Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's Raining, It’s Pouring…

Days like today make me glad I am a lazy parent and don’t sign my kids up for soccer or other outdoor sports. It is 37 degrees with a steady, soaking rain. Is was raining when we went to bed last night. From the looks of the yard it has been raining all night. I love it when there are puddles of water in the ditch.

Last night was movie night. We watched Hotel for Dogs. It was cute. Dear Husband didn’t like it, but the females in the house did (including Keilie Dog). The girls didn’t take a nap yesterday because we had errands to run after music class but they made it through the movie. I wasn’t sure if Flower would but she did.

I have been debating naps lately. Princess doesn’t nap at daycare anymore and hasn’t for about a year. However by 8:00 pm during the week she is done. On the weekend Princess and I snuggle on our bed and watch HGTV. She usually falls asleep for about an hour.

Flower still takes a nap at daycare. For about the last month she has been having a really hard time falling asleep at night. However, if Flower doesn’t get a nap, by dinnertime she is a bear.

Last Friday I decided to skip nap and see what happens. Flower fell asleep at 6:45 and missed roasting marshmallows. Yesterday we skipped nap and stayed up late watching a movie. They went right to sleep and slept in this morning. It was fabulous. I am sure it was a fluke, but I’ll take it. Maybe it was the weather. It is a perfect morning to sleep late.

We have a birthday party at 5:00 this afternoon. I am thinking about skipping Flower’s nap again today since she went to bed so well last night. The downside to skipping nap might be a birthday monster. What is a mother to do?

No comments: