Friday, January 2, 2009

Where Does She Get This Stuff?

As I mentioned yesterday, we hosted New Year’s Day at our house. Today is Auntie A’s birthday (Happy Birthday Auntie A! I’d tell the 4 people who read my blog how old you are but they already know.) but Papa had to go back to work today so we celebrated her birthday last night as well. After the big bash we chatted a bit and then everyone started to head home.

The girls were up a couple hours past their normal bedtime (whatever that is these days….vacation does terrible things to our schedule) and wanted to go with them. So I grabbed the girls and took them over to the front window so we could watch and wave to Auntie A and Uncle L as they pulled out of the driveway.

We waited for what seemed like 10 minutes but it was probably only 2 and Princess says, “What are they doing out there? Kissing?”. It’s a good thing I didn’t have a mouthful of wine at that moment. A few seconds later Auntie A comes back in the house to ask to borrow an ice scraper because they couldn’t find Nana’s and their Albertson’s Preferred card wasn’t working so well.

I thought we were doing a pretty good job of monitoring what the girls watch on TV but I think I’m going to re-evaluate.

No comments: