Thursday, April 9, 2009

Java Jumpstart

Early one Saturday morning a few weeks ago Dear Husband and I were still asleep when Princess came into our room. Princess is an early riser so she is usually up before we are on Saturday. She informed us she had been awake for a while and played quietly in her room trying not to wake us. She’s a very thoughtful child.

Princess also came in to tell us the dog needed to go out so she had let her out and back in already. I thanked her and DH asked Princess if she made the coffee too. All of the sudden she became very quiet, told us to go back to sleep, and took off.

DH and I laid there for a few more seconds and then it occurred to us Princess was downstairs in the kitchen preparing to grind coffee beans….if the thought of a 4 yr old grinding coffee beans and trying to dump them into the coffee maker doesn’t get you going in the morning I don’t know what will.

3 comments:

Carlye Redding said...

I can totally picture Kate doing this. Too cute!

Homestead said...

It's ok. The grinder won't grind if the lid isn't on.... perfectly safe.... ask me how I know this.

kae said...

Yeah, DH reminded me the grinder won't grind if the lid isn't on....and Princess knows how to run it once the lid is on so chances are she won't grind her fingers....right?