Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy August!

I was looking at the number of posts I made the last few months and June was my personal best.....as far as quantity. No comment on quality. Anyway, since Princess got up early, Flower and Daddy are still sleeping, and I have a hot cup of coffee I thought I'd try to think of something interesting to write this first day of August.

Yesterday the girls and I stayed home for the entire day. It was the first Friday in months we didn't have an appointment or trip. After some quality time on the Internet I spent most of the morning cleaning the floor and as I look at it now, you can't really tell. Sigh.

Flower has been on the verge of potty trained for months, the problem being our schedule. I'm not up for potty training while traveling so we've bought a lot of pull-ups lately. She's interested in using the potty, she just forgets until she has already dripped a little. That's how Flower says it "Mommy I dripped!" which means she needs to go potty.

Since we had no where to go yesterday I decided to give panties a try. She picked out some Care Bear panties and we headed downstairs. I headed back to the bathroom to get the little potty (it lives in the dining room when we're potty training because I'm too old to make 100 trips up and down the stairs carrying a two year old) and before I got to the bathroom Princess was screaming, "She peed on the floor!" Poor Flower has this look on her face like, "What happened?"

My theory was that if Flower felt pee running down her leg she would remember to hold it because I know she's capable of holding it. I was partially correct. Flower wasn't thrilled about pee running down her leg, but not as disgusted as I'd hoped. None the less, we cleaned her and the floor up, and picked out a pretty green pair of Ariel undies for round two.

The rest of the day went well. Flower used the potty every 20 minutes and she was dry all day. Until Daddy came home from work. I'm not sure what happened, maybe he jinxed us, but Flower had a little accident during dinner and then pooed in her pants after dinner. Ugh. But all in all, she did well for her first day of wearing big girl undies.

Today we have to run errands and then we have a birthday party this afternoon. Flower just got up and informed me she wants to wear panties. This could be interesting....

No comments: