Friday, August 7, 2009

Now I Understand

I was craving a glass of iced tea yesterday afternoon so I jumped in my pickup and headed to McDonald's. Where else can you get a huge glass of brewed iced tea (not that disgusting fountain stuff posing as iced tea) for $1?

I pulled on to the one-way street next to my office at the same time a lady pulled on from the mall parking lot. I needed to get in the left lane and so I slowed to a crawl waiting for her to accelerate so I could change lanes. She went a few yards down the street and stopped eight car lengths behind the car waiting at the stop light in front of her....leaving me hanging in the middle of the street still trying to switch lanes.

I don't think she even noticed I was two inches from her bumper. As I was cursing her in my head I saw her license plate frame. "I can do anything....I'm the mother of 3 girls!" Ok, so I'll cut her some slack.

No comments: