Tuesday, August 4, 2009

This Just In….

....Princess has a loose tooth!

As the girls were brushing their teeth this morning Princess told me her tooth hurt. I asked her which one and she pointed to one of the bottom teeth and said it felt like it had a hook on it. Upon further inspection I noticed a gap between it and the next tooth. A gap that was not there yesterday. I touched her tooth, not expecting it to wiggle, and it did. A lot.

I was completely unprepared to discuss the tooth fairy this morning. I thought I had another year to plan my story and in true Princess fashion she had a ton of questions. I’m thinking Princess might join her Auntie A in the same profession because she has some attorney-like qualities. I explain to Princess that when her tooth falls out she should keep it so we can put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. As we were leaving the house Princess looked at me and said "Maybe I should take a snack bag with me just in case." That's my little planner.

For me this means my baby isn’t a baby anymore. According to Princess this means she is a big kid now. Princess is so excited about her loose tooth she can hardly stand it. It's bedtime now and the tooth is still hanging in there, not by much, but it's hanging in. I think the tooth fairy has one more day to prepare.

No comments: