Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Big Game

Last night Dear Husband’s office had their first annual company softball game and bbq. I took a couple hours off work, picked up Princess from school, and met DH and Flower at the softball field.

DH hasn’t played softball since we moved here ten years ago. He has always enjoyed playing softball so he was excited about last night, even if most of his coworkers have never played in a league and those who did haven’t played in years.

Princess and I arrived at the fields a minute before DH and Flower so we waited in the parking lot for them. DH jumped out of the Expedition, quickly unbuckled Flower, grabbed his bag and headed for the fields….he was late for batting practice.

The girls crawled in the back of the Denali to get their coats on and I was in the front seat changing my shirt. As DH walks away from us (dressed in one of his softball uniforms from the 90s), Princess said, “Daddy’s pants look funny”. Flower replied, “Yeah, I know!” with a giant eye roll and sigh. I’m afraid this is only the beginning of the eye rolling but at least we know a sure fire way to embarrass our children, drag out the baseball pants….

1 comment:

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

I remember those pants! I even remember Mark's softball fetish. I must be old. :) See you at the party this weekend - I hope!