Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Haircuts

Dear Husband, Princess and I all got our haircut within the past week. Princess and I had a little trim as part of our back-to-school preparation. DH had a different kind of haircut.

DH has a new project at work with a mining company in Idaho. As part of the project he will need to provide oversight during the construction. He had a meeting with the client on Monday in Idaho and the following morning he was required to provide a hair sample in order to work at the site.

When I got home from work last night DH leaned his head back and asked me if I could see a chunk of hair missing from his head. Initially I didn’t notice since his hair is blonde and short, but after he pointed out the spot, he is missing a chunk of hair on the top of his head about the size of a quarter.

I have never worked for an employer who requires drug testing and this was the first hair sample DH has given so neither of us knew the procedure. According to DH, a man with the personality of a wet mop grabbed a fist full of his hair and cut it off at the scalp.

Fortunately DH wears a hat 90% of his waking hours and his hair style is on the short side so no one will notice the spot. But now I am wondering if they would have taken the sample in the same manner had it been me because a chunk of hair missing from the top of my head would be very noticeable, for about a year.

No comments: