Monday, September 6, 2010

To Labor or Not to Labor?

Our sleepy Sunday turned into a working Sunday. In my post yesterday I said harvesting the garden shouldn’t take long….I was wrong. Dear Husband and I slaved away all day and we didn’t get half of the garden in. This is our first garden and we underestimated the time it takes to put up a few vegetables and herbs.

Yesterday DH brought in some of the carrots and beets. I cleaned them and put them in freezer bags until we decide what to do with them. Then we made a quick trip to town for groceries and baking supplies.

It took us all afternoon to bake a carrot cake, four loaves of zucchini bread, and lasagna. Saturday night our friends were telling us about the veggie lasagna they made with their zucchini and it sounded really good. So DH took Nana’s lasagna recipe, which we love, and replaced half of the noodles with zucchini slices and added some carrots and cubed zucchini to the meat sauce. We invited Nana, Papa and Grandma over for dinner to try out our experiment. The lasagna was delicious and cake turned out really good too.

DH left early this morning to go fishing with his buddies. Princess got up before Flower and I and made breakfast for us. She set the table with the red tablecloth. She made us all a bowl of cheerios with a glass of milk and a cookie for dessert.

I am trying to find the motivation to do something about the floor. It doesn’t look so good after all the cooking yesterday. I’m procrastinating with a cup of coffee sitting at the computer. The girls put the ABBA cd in the stereo and they are acting out their favorite scenes from Mamma Mia. Maybe I’ll labor a little on Labor Day, or maybe not.

No comments: