Monday, September 27, 2010

It's the Little Things

A couple weeks ago I was in our bathroom getting ready for bed when Flower came sneaking around the corner. She wanted to snuggle in our bed for just 60 minutes...please mommy, just 60 minutes!!! Sometimes I can't bring myself to tell her no, she's just so darn cute, so we jumped in bed to snuggle, for 5 minutes, not 60.

When Flower says snuggle, she really means talk non-stop while twisting and turning and flopping around. It's really more like ducking and dodging an octopus than snuggling. I learned long ago to take off my glasses and shield my face from her flailing arms.

As we were "snuggling", Flower told me she wanted a bedspread, like Princess's bedspread. I didn't buy Flower a bedspread after she moved into the bottom of the trundle bed because she sleeps with her doggy blanket on top of the sheets. But she was very serious about the bedspread so that Friday we went shopping after we dropped Princess off at school.

We went to the usual places; Ross, Target, ShopKo. Nothing was what we (and by we, I mean, I) wanted. Target was too expensive, Ross didn't have anything in a twin, and I can't remember what ShopKo had so it must have been ugly. Princess was sad. She was sure we would never find a bedspread for her no matter how many times I told her we would keep looking until we found something.

After school that day we stopped at JCPenney. They had one comforter but it was bright orange and red....we were looking for something purple. Again, Flower was sad. As a last resort I went to WalMart last week and I'll be darned, they had two really cute bedspreads in purple and pink.

I hid Flower's new bedspread until last Saturday. Even though it was Princess's birthday I thought Flower might like a surprise too. She was so excite about her new bedspread. Every morning when she wakes up she thanks me and tells me how much she likes it. Sometimes it's the little things that really make me smile.

1 comment:

Carlye said...

Awwww, how sweet is she!!! Lily is too CUTE! BTW...we tried snuggling with Halle last night watching Ironman II (which no lie she wanted to watch it, she kept shouting Ironman, Ironman and yelling at us to sit down to watch it,)anyways she talked, tickled and jumped on our bed the WHOLE TIME. We ended up shutting it off early since we couldn't hear or watch anything. They're too funny!!