Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just Another Way to Say "I Love You"

As you already know Flower has been a little under the weather lately. Nothing major, just a little fever, vomiting, and last week the diarrhea started. Luckily it was pretty minor and short lived so I didn't think much of it.

Grandpa and Grandma came to visit last weekend and it wasn't more than 30 minutes after they left on Sunday that Princess made a quick trip to the bathroom. You guessed it, now she has the runs. Again, they were short lived and by Monday I thought we were in the clear once again.

Monday was a holiday so we stayed home. Hubby came down with a cold. I too thought I was getting a sore throat but it subsided and I gave Hubby a hard time about being sick.

Our beloved daycare lady is out of town this week on family business so I had a nice schedule worked out with Nana, Hubby and I to cover Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We each took 2 half days so I didn't have to use all my vacation this week. Hubby was on the schedule Tuesday morning so I got up and went to work around 7:00 am.

About 7:30 my stomach started doing weird things and I thought I must be hungry so I grabbed my yogurt. By 8:00 I was beginning to wonder if I might have picked up the little bug the girls had. By 9:00 I was started think I really was sick, but my brain was telling me I can't be sick because this was my only full day to work this week and I needed to get a lot done. At 10:00 I called home to check on the kiddos and tell Hubby I was coming down with something but I was going to try to tough it out. At 11:00 I had to run through the office to get to the bathroom and at that point I knew I was sick. The bad stomach virus sick. My co-workers would have helped me out the door but no one wanted to get that close and I don't blame them. I called Hubby and said I give up, I'm coming home.

So I've spent the last 72 hours laying around moaning in pain and running to the bathroom. The girls have done their best to take care of me. Princess follows me from room to room with the bucket in case I need to puke and my pillow and a blanket. Flower has perfected the phrase "What's wrong?"

I was finally able to eat dinner tonight and after a hot shower I'm feeling much better. Hubby is scheduled to fly out of town on Tuesday to attend a conference. I hope he can avoid the bug because vomiting in the airplane bathroom does not sound like fun.

So, I just want to end by thanking the girls for caring enough to give me their very best....

No comments: