Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sick Again

Flower has been under the weather lately as I’ve mentioned. Last week was a fever. This week she threw up in her sleep around 2 AM Monday morning. Poor little thing didn’t know what hit her.

It happened something like this. She cried out and I got up to check on her. Everything was still “fresh” because I didn’t smell anything initially when I opened her bedroom door. She was standing in her crib. I reached for her and felt something wet. That’s when the wheels went in motion and my nose started working. I immediately called for Daddy to come rescue us….he’s my knight in shining armor…as I peeled Flower’s pajamas off and left them in her bed. I wrapped her in a blanket and we snuggled in her rocking chair as Daddy did the dirty work. I should also mention Daddy isn’t the best in these situations but he powered through it like a champ. I did offer to switch with him, snuggling Flower is much nicer, but he allowed me to handle the snuggling.

New pajamas, a saltine cracker, some water, and an hour later Flower was ready to resume her slumber. I, on the other hand, did not fall back asleep quite so easily because I had lists of things I was supposed to do at work that day running through my head.

Flower woke up unscathed and ready for another day. She is a resilient little one. We stayed home and played the morning away. Nana and Papa came by at noon and took the afternoon shift while I went to work.

I mistakenly thought I was out of the woods when it came to bodily fluid clean-up for the week. I came downstairs this morning to do a few things in the kitchen before the girls got up and didn’t turn the main light on. As I turned to set something on the table I stepped in a fresh pile of puke, courtesy of Keilie dog. Now I’m beginning to wonder if there’s something in the air around here.

No comments: