Friday, February 27, 2009

Pillow Talk

Homestead brought up the subject of pillows so I thought I’d chime in.

We have nine pillows on our bed. Five are functional and four are decorative.

We painted our bedroom blue last winter and then went shopping for a new duvet cover. By some miracle we found a set that both Hubby and I loved and went with the new paint. Then we walked around the corner and found the wall hanging that matched. It wasn’t one of those “sets”; it just happened to catch our eye and the colors were exactly what we were looking for. To this day I’m still amazed we went to one store and found everything we needed to completely redecorated our bedroom.



Back to the pillows. I have three and Hubby has two. We both have one flat form thing that goes on the bottom of the pile. Then we both have a fluffy feather pillow, which I can’t recall where they came from but they may have been wedding gifts. They are hand made by Hutterites and I love them. I also have my feather pillow. It’s a tiny pillow, also made by the Hutterites, which belonged to my mother. She used to have two, but as a child I latched on to it and I can’t sleep without it. Seriously. I take it everywhere. My mom has a picture of me as a toddler sitting on her bed with these totally 70s sheets (wild colors with a turtle print). I always used those cases on my pillow so it’s called my turtle pillow. The cases didn’t survive my high school days, but I still call it my turtle pillow. I’m sure you are wondering where the other pillow from the set went. My sister took possession of it and it lives in Arizona with her.

We also have four decorative pillows….two in shams and two small pillows. Princess made our bed today and I think she did a pretty good job.

No comments: