Friday, February 27, 2009

Waiting for the Cable Guy

We bought a new cabinet for our TV and all the other electronic equipment Hubby can’t live without. We got a great deal on it at a local trucking warehouse that sells the furniture they drop for cheap. It’s not the exact color I was looking for, but I really like it anyway. It goes well with the sofa and love seat we purchased at the warehouse last year for $250.

There is a really, really long story about moving it in the house last weekend but I’ll spare you the details. Basically the darn thing is so heavy it takes two very strong men to move it and for some reason Hubby decided he and I could do it alone. We (which really means Hubby with a hand cart) managed to move the cabinet out of the garage and up the stairs into the living room. I might also add there was no swearing or new dents in the wall either so he did well.

After the cabinet was in the living room Princess and I went to town for groceries and Hubby started the “move”. He had most of it done by the time we got home but the high definition channels were not working. Apparently there is an HDMI cable that makes all that stuff happen and it wasn’t doing its job.

Hubby is allergic to the telephone, have I mentioned that? If something has to be done that requires a phone call I have to do it. Normally I don’t mind but when it comes to the cable it’s not my favorite job. I have to call the tech line and speak to someone who is asking me all these questions, which I have to turn around and ask Hubby and then repeat back his response back to the technician on the phone. I dislike being the middleman.

I….actually we….spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the technician unplugging this and resetting that to no avail. He finally decided we may have a bad cable, or damaged it somehow in the “move”, and we need to have someone come out and replace it. I took the 9:00 – 11:00 slot this morning so here we sit.

So the cable guy showed up and replaced a bunch of cables so I’m back online. It snowed quite a bit last night and the poor guy had to shovel the patio off to get to the cable box. I wonder if that’s in his job description?

No comments: